The school is situated in the attractive village of Dymock, which is located between the towns of Newent and Ledbury.
Ann Cam C of E Primary School takes its name from Dame Ann Cam, Lady of the Manor of Dymock, who lived from 1730 to 1790. She left money in her will for the endowment of an Infant Charity School that had been established near St Mary’s Church, Dymock in 1785.
The school was re-named in her honour and its first purpose built home was completed in 1825. The school moved to its present site in 1974.
The school has four classrooms; a library; a kitchen which is used for cookery lessons; a learning support area; a music room; a modern ICT suite and a well-equipped hall which is used for collective worship, physical education, lunchtimes and community use.
A large playground with fantastic views over the local countryside is used by the pupils and the school has extensive grounds, including two 'Forest School' areas, a poly-tunnel and an outdoor swimming pool, which is used by the pupils from May to July each summer.